Sunday, November 10, 2024

Happy Feast!

 Belatedly, alas, the day is past. Here are some recent videos on Scotism:

Fr. Kappes on 'The Meaning of Catholic' and Drs. Goff, Pomplun and Smith, on 'Dogs with Torches'.

Dr. Ward on 'Dogs with Torches'.

2 comments:

Jeremy Daggett said...

Glad to see you posting. Excited to listen to Goff, Smith, and Pomplun.

Anonymous said...

I posted this comment on the Scotism Discussion Group, but I'm not sure that people regularly check that. I would be grateful for any comment, Jim Given **** The Scholastic method for reconciling the infinity and eternity of God with the finite and time-bound nature of the created world is the Trinity. But I don't see the Trinity explicitly applied to the reconciliation of Divine omniscience and omnipotence with huma freedom. With his synchronic contingency, Duns Scotus has the basis of an approach to this problem. But I think a more powerful solution to this problem could be elaborated by combining human synchronic contingency with the Divine Trinity. Does anyone attempt this?