Friday, March 24, 2017

Varia

I don't do much here but post news, and I haven't been able to login for months while I was living in Canada. Now I'm back for a few days. I'm starting a job in Bonn, Germany. It will involve teaching and research on Scotus. But first I have to get there. Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the blog while I am there (permanently). I will have more time and energy to blog, so I may start another one.

In Scotus news, there is now a critical edition of the Collationes Oxonienses.

Buy it here:

Cheers

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that at the University of Bonn?

Jim Given said...


Thanks in any case for all you have done. Your blog is still I believe unique as the scholarly Duns Scotus blog. But your entries often make me fell like listening to lectures by Timothy Noone: I realize I will never attain a comparable level of knowledge. Perhaps philosophers feel the same way when they read about quantum computers or string theory. Those at least I understand-

Philos- Jim Given

Michael Sullivan said...

"often make me fell like listening to lectures by Timothy Noone"

That may not be a coincidence (though it's a great complement) -- Noone was my dissertation director, and my colleague here has known him for many years as well.

Thank you for your kind words. Looking back at the post history, it does seem like the blog is a project that's run its course, though I once had some grander plans for it. I think I can speak for Faber in expressing our gratitude that it seems to have done some people some good nonetheless.

Lee Faber said...

Indeed, indeed. Thanks Jim.

unknown: yes, it is the Friedrich wilhelms universitat.