Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hiatus

In case anyone out there cares, I'm leaving town and state today for a little over two weeks. I won't be posting and probably will not be able to take further part in any ongoing discussions. Those of you who rely on The Smithy for your dose of sweet sweet reason will have to rely on Faber to take the helm in the meantime. Hopefully if I can't post I'll still be able to study.

Felix, qui potest rerum cognoscere causas,
atque metus omnis et inexorabile fatum
subiecit pedibus strepitumque Acherontis avari.
fortunatus et ille, deos qui novit agrestis,
Panaque Silvanumque senem Nymphasque sorores.
illum non populi fasces, non purpura regum
flexit et infidos agitans discordia fratres,
aut coniuratio descendens Dacus ab Histro,
non res Romanae perituraque regna; neque ille
aut doluit miserans inopem aut invidit habenti.

--Virgil, Georgics II.490-499

4 comments:

Lee Faber said...

Have fun, jerk.

Michael Sullivan said...

At least I should be able to escape the stench for awhile.

Lee Faber said...

You forget you're in my home-state...it has yet to dissipate.

Michael Sullivan said...

Hm, I guess you're right. Maybe I'll get lucky and there'll be some wildfires.